5 ways to make the most of the storage in your kitchen
The kitchen is the hardest working room in the house, and the one everyone is drawn to at social functions, so you want your storage to be both functional and stylish. Our social media this month is all about how to achieve this, with images from some of our most beautiful bespoke kitchens. Here we give you 5 easy ways to make sure your storage is more WOW than WHOA!
- Lights: lots of light means an instant uplift to your mood. Open plan shelves can be given an instant lift by the addition of clever spotlights or under counter lights. Suddenly your ornaments and crockery take on a whole new feel and become beautiful design features.
- Mix it up: by combining units of different shapes, sizes and even colours, your corners and difficult places become visually more appealing. Sometimes a wall of solid units is simply too much and so by using different unit styles you allow for a more relaxed feel to the room.
- Hidden Pantries: if you do not have the space for a walk-in pantry then consider a free standing one. These wildly popular additions to kitchens are set to stay as an interior trend long into the future. We design the perfect one for you so the combination of drawers, racks and shelves is bespoke. When not in use, simply close the doors and admire your beautifully serene space.
- Statement Features: If you have an awkward “left over” space then consider adding in some smaller shelving or a vertical wine rack. By making it a statement feature, there is no danger it will look like an afterthought in the design.
- From clutter to calm: think about how you use your drawers in the kitchen. It is easy to simply let them become a depository for all sorts of things. By adding in a stunning wooden tray, you can ensure that you can see the contents of the drawer at a glance. No more hunting for the cheese knife!